Establishing your own medical practice is an exceptional way to grow your career after you have a successful run as an employed doctor. Having your own private clinic enables you to run your own business and also deliver healthcare finance services as per your preference. Not only that but you can also increase your income substantially with time.
However, setting up a clinic calls for a sizeable investment which you may not have. Reliable NBFCs such Bajaj Finserv can help you with a Loan for Doctors to meet such requirements.
A doctor loan is a collection of secured and unsecured loans that provides with ample funds to establish a private practice and run it successfully.
You can opt for either of the following loans:
- Business loans
Business loans are unsecured or collateral-free advances which provide up to Rs. 30 Lakh. Repayment tenors on these loans range from 12 to 96 month.
- KYC documents – Aadhaar, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, PAN, etc.
- Medical registration certificate.
Eligibility criteria for doctor loan:
Medical professionals need the following post-qualification experience to apply –
- Graduate doctors – 2 years.
- Super-specialist doctors – None.
- Dentists – 5 years.
- Homoeopathic doctors (DHMS) – 15 years; must also own a house.
- Ayurveda and homoeopathic doctors (BHMS/BAMS) – 6 years; must also own a house.
Business loans are short-term and exceptional for meeting smaller expenses related to your practice.
- Loan against property
Loan against property is secured credit, providing up to Rs. 2 Crore. Repayment tenors of these loans can stretch up to 18 years.
You must provide the following documents in addition to the ones mentioned above to apply:
- Papers of the property you want to mortgage.
- Income tax returns for the last 2 years.
- Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account Statement of the previous 2 years.
- Graduate doctors – 3 years.
- Super-specialist doctors – 3 years.
Eligibility criteria for the other doctors are the same as the unsecured loan.
Loans against property for doctors are long-term loans, useful when you require a considerable amount of funds. Bajaj Finserv approves such loans within 24 hours along with zero additional fees for part pre-payment.
Some of the ways you can utilise these loans when setting up your clinic include:
- Buy or lease a property
The first step to establishing your clinic is to buy or rent a property. You should select a place in a prominent location which is easily accessible by patients through public transport. At the same time, choose a cost-effective location.
- Purchase equipment
Purchase of many advanced medical equipment is essential if you are a dentist, ophthalmologist, OB/GYN, etc.
Autorefractors, retinal cameras, slit lamp, dental chair, digital radiography machines, micromotor, x-ray machines, etc. are some of the equipment with prices going above Rs. 1 Lakh mark.
Availing some of the must-have point-of-care medical equipment is also beneficial for your practice.
As doctor loan interest rate is quite affordable now, you can easily avail this financial product and utilise it for this purpose.
- Implement the latest technology
Integrating state-of-the-art technology is not mandatory but can help you deliver healthcare services faster and more efficiently.
Few of the technologies you can go for include:
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs) – EHRs are a digital way of storing all patient data like medical history, medications, allergies, treatment plans, etc. These eliminate the need for paperwork and documentation.
- Telemedicine – Telemedicine is the process of offering medical services remotely to patients who cannot visit your clinic. It uses telecommunication software and hardware to establish channels between a doctor and a patient.
- Recruit the right professionals in this field
One of the factors that ensure your clinic prospers is the right staff. Screen and interview the correct professional before hiring them.
Other than the above, you can also utilise your loan amount to make your practice more visible to attract patients.