It wasn’t too long ago when the only way we know to locate people is through the use of yellow pages. We’d have a big book and a list of registered people all over the world and we’d have to relentlessly search for just a single one of them. Take the name Paul McCarthy, for example. Even if you were to look in the England list alone, there would be tens or hundreds of people who bear the same name. It’s really a great deal of work.
Then came the most revolutionary invention of mankind: The Internet.
Soon after, the world bid goodbye to yellow pages and welcomed a new era of comfort and convenience. You can even check out an article about it here: https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/yellow-pages-vs-digital-marketing-is-the-phone-book-really-dead/516574/. Nowadays, you don’t have to go to city hall to see if someone resides at a certain place. You don’t have to hire a head hunter to figure out where on earth the person you’re looking for is. Fortunately, months and years of work to locate someone has been reduced to mere milliseconds as soon as the internet is born.
With the internet connecting the world together, brilliant minds have combined their efforts to create something even more revolutionary and that we call today “Facebook.” If you want to read more about this app and how it can help you find people, read on below.
What Is Facebook?
Facebook is an internet app or program that is created mainly for socialization. It has made the world a smaller place, connecting people from all over the world and associates themselves with each other through this online portal. Ever since Facebook came into being, many other social apps began to surface. But without doubt, FB is one of the most popular of them all.
To date, billions of people are using Facebook. Check out live statistics here. If you ask someone at home or someone on the train, they’d probably tell you they are on the platform too. Then again, who isn’t? Almost everyone who’s anyone is in the app these days. It has certainly made creating connections easier. Still, some people beg to differ and argue that instead of creating meaningful connections, what the internet is doing is creating shallow and detached relationships. Whether that is true or not is a topic we can discuss some other day.
Like all things, I do agree that there is a good and bad side to everything. So even if Facebook does have its cons, it also has a lot of pros. And as mentioned earlier, locating people is one of them. So if you have a relative that you want to track down, or a friend you haven’t seen for a long time but still appreciate the bond you have and would like to rekindle it, then Facebook is a platform you can use to locate these people who have gone MIA. Either those or you’re looking for a scoundrel that you have a score to settle with. If that’s the case, you can still use the program to meet your needs.
How to Search For People On Facebook
This part is no biggie really. It’s pretty easy, in fact. All you have to do is to follow these steps:
- Create an account if you haven’t already.
- Log in to your account using your sign-up details.
- Once logged in, locate the search box which should be on the upper center of the screen. If you’re using a mobile phone, there should be a magnifying glass logo on the bottom right of the app. That button is meant for “Search.”
- Using the search box, type the keyword of what you need to find. It can be a word, a phrase, or a name. Since you’re searching for a person, you can just type in his or her name (full name, if you know it) on the search box. It would help if you know his or her probable location as well. You can type in Paul McCarthy Cork – FB, for example.
- A list of results will show in categories (Posts, Images, Places, Events, People, etc.). Click on “People” and see who comes up.
- Search through the profiles and hopefully, you’ll find who you’re searching for.